Becoming a Google Educator: An Opportunity for CFAUSD Teaching staff
This semester, we have been able to offer many courses in Google Apps for Education (Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs, Drive, Sites, etc) after school as part of Google After Hours. The instructors for Google After Hours are “Google Qualified Individuals.” To achieve this certification, these teachers took part in a two-day training in the Spring of 2013, culminating with 6 multiple choice exams. Passing of these exams allows an individual to reach the status of Google Qualified Individual.
Google has since changed some of their qualification measures. Now, passing of exams in four required areas, plus at least one elective area achieves a status of Google Educator. Once you pass the exams, you will receive a Google Educator certificate and be off and running with a deeper understanding of Google Apps for Education and all it encompasses. You will be more able to begin working toward integrating technology with your curriculum in a way that allows more effective and efficient teaching.
At least one (Electives):
Benefits from Google:
- certificate indicating completion of exams
- option of applying for Authorized Google Education Trainer or Google Certified Teacher
Benefits from CFAUSD:
- opportunity to attend paid training by (almost) Authorized Google Education Trainers from our district to help you with the material needed to pass the exams
- exam fees paid by the district
- demonstration of teacher leader qualities by attaining certification
- opportunities to provide training to fellow colleagues starting August 2014
- beneficial skills set important for applying for Chippewa Falls Innovative Teacher Grants for Technology
- Training opportunity will take place June 23rd and June 24th. You are required to attend both days.
- June 24th - July 31st work independently or in small groups to study for and pass exams
- Week of July 28th work with Cara and Sarah on preparing for delivering August professional development
If you are interested in pursuing becoming a Google Educator, please fill in the following form with your information. We will get in touch with you in the next few weeks to discuss further. Teachers may be chosen based on curricular readiness and teaching area (grade, school, etc) upon recommendation of building principal. Further information can be found here: Google Certifications.
Thanks for considering. If you are interested, please fill out this form by May 18th.Interest Form